Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Time for Reading

Hi, everyone. I have to tell you that I finished reading a science fiction fantasy, Web Mage, by Kelly McCullough. I spent all of Monday afternoon and evening and all of Tuesday reading. I finished it this morning with coffee. It is so much fun to be able to take a large block of time and just sit and read. It's pure luxury, something you should afford yourself every so often. Web Mage is a fast-moving, delightful book, rich with Greek mythology. Kelly has a rich imagination in how he sets up the interactions among the gods and the demigods, one of whom is a magician-college-student who is a descendent of the Fates. By the way, Kelly was the instructor for the fantasy writing class I took at The Loft a couple of years ago. So I have enjoyed that. Now I would like to turn my attention to writing, but I still have to walk on the beach and spend a little more time downtown.

No comments: